Coconut-Chia Pudding with Fresh Berries

Posted on | June 27, 2012 | 10 Comments

Chia seeds are something I only recently discovered. They are quite the healthy addition to anyone’s diet. These seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and protein. They are also a great source of calcium, magnesium, fiber, iron, zinc etc.

This recipe is really easy to make. The coconut milk adds a very nice touch to this recipe. Enjoy this pudding as a breakfast treat, snack, or dessert.

Here are two other recipes with Chia seeds: Blueberry Overnight Oatmeal and Strawberry Overnight Oatmeal.

• 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 2 tsp agave syrup
  • fresh berries

In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, chia seeds, and the agave syrup. Pour the mixture into four small bowls or glasses.

Place the pudding in the the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.

Before serving, fill the bowls or cups with fresh berries.

Kokos-Chia-Pudding mit frischen Beeren

• 360 ml Kokosmilch
  • 40 g Chiasamen
  • 2 TL Agavendicksaft
  • frische Beeren

In einer Schüssel, die Kokonussmilch mit den Chiasamen und dem Agavendicksaft vermischen. Die Mixtur dann auf 4 kleine Schalen oder Gläser verteilen.

Den Pudding für 30 Minuten oder über Nacht in den Kühlschrank stellen.

Bevor der Pudding serviert wird, die Schalen oder Gläser mit frischen Beeren auffüllen.

Source:  recipe adapted from Sweet Roots;  Chia Seed Information

Comments

10 Responses to “Coconut-Chia Pudding with Fresh Berries”

1. beti
    June 27th, 2012 @ 20:24

I’ve only tried chia in lemon water but never as a pudding, it looks almost like rice pudding, I will try it

July 3rd, 2012 @ 14:20

@ beti: Do you call it Chia Fresca? I have heard about lemon water and chia seeds but I have never tried it… Thanks for the inspiration.

3. Donaville
    July 26th, 2012 @ 21:29

The chia seeds remind me of tapioca pudding, too. This looks so delicious and filling.

August 17th, 2012 @ 00:25

@ Donaville: It does resemble tapioca pudding a little. And yes, it’s delicious. Thanks for commenting.

5. Heather @ Glitter and Gloss
    March 13th, 2013 @ 18:21

Hey! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you use the coconut milk in a can (the thicker stuff) or the one in the carton, in the refrigerated section?

Thanks!

March 13th, 2013 @ 22:07

@ Heather: That’s definitely not a dumb question. I used canned coconut milk for this recipe. Thanks for asking.

7. Heather @ Glitter and Gloss
    March 14th, 2013 @ 13:14

Awesome, thank you so much for getting back to me! I have all the ingredients on-hand and will make them soon!

March 17th, 2013 @ 16:19

@ Heather: You’re welcome! I hope you’ll enjoy it! Guten Appetit!

9. Lynda Schneider
    April 9th, 2013 @ 10:50

Can I use refrigerated vanilla coconut milk?

April 11th, 2013 @ 13:38

@ Lynda: I used canned coconut milk and I haven’t tried it with the refrigerated coconut milk yet. The canned milk is thicker and so I am not sure about the outcome if the thinner refrigerated milk was to be used. On the other hand, the chia seeds when soaked become gel-like so it might work with the refrigerated milk. I hope this helps a little.