Posted on | August 22, 2011 | 4 Comments
My husband and I really love to eat salads. We enjoy eating healthy. I am always on the lookout for new salad recipes to change up our routine and menu a little. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. We love avocados and citrus fruits; and the dressing is very similar to one of my homemade vinaigrettes. This just had to be good…
This recipe makes 2 servings if the salad is served as a main dish. If served as a side dish it will yield 4-6 servings. Enjoy!
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 avocados, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented, and then cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, segmented, and then cut into bite-size pieces
- black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (preferably raw, unfiltered)
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
Arrange the Romaine lettuce, the avocado pieces, and the grapefruit and orange pieces on plates. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on the salads.
In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Either pour the dressing over the salad or serve in a small bowl on the side.
Source: slightly adapted from MyFudo