Posted on | June 28, 2011 | 5 Comments
This cold soup is the perfect meal for a warm summer day. It is refreshing and healthy, and it just hits the spot.
- 7 cups seedless watermelon, finely diced
- 1 medium cucumber, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Take one or two cups of the mix and add it to a separate bowl.
Puree the rest. You might have to do this in batches. Combine the pureed mix with the chopped mix you set aside. Season to taste with salt, vinegar and maybe a tiny bit of pepper.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.